- No products in the cart.
With the summertime sunshine, it makes it difficult for us who suffer from skin issues to do certain treatments to keep our skin in the best condition. Chemical Peels such as Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Acid and Lactic Acid, makes our skin photosensitive (sensitive to the sun), which will promote dark spots if we’re not careful with applying an SPF Daily Moisturizer. Especially if we’re sun lovers. But we shouldn’t let that stop us!
The one Chemical Peel that does not make our skin photosensitive is Mandelic Acid. It is derived from bitter almonds and is apart of the Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) family. Its molecular structure is eight times larger than Glycolic Acid, which means it takes longer for Mandelic Acid to penetrate the skin’s surface and is less irritating.
It is proved to be an effective ally for skin renewing. Thanks to its exfoliating, peeling and delicate action, it soothes and reactivates epidermis cells. It is effective in the treatment against the most common cases of skin imperfections such as photo aging, uneven pigmentation and acne. Even though the skin is less irritated with this Peel, the use of an SPF moisturizer and a brimmed hat is still recommended to keep the skin protected in the summer months after the treatment.
The benefits of Mandelic Acid are:
- Provides mild exfoliation and less irritation
- Smoothes fine lines and wrinkles
- Rejuvenates sun-damaged skin
- Improves the appearance of congested skin with a lot of blackheads, as well as oily/impure skin
- Brightens and evens the tone and reduces the appearance of age spots
- An excellent exfoliant for the skin with a tendency towards red blotchiness
- Can be used year-round, regardless of the client’s skin phototype, due to the absence of hyperpigmentation risk
- Ideal for clients with darker skin tones
Treatment Recommendations: Course of 4-6 treatments. For oily skin, it can be used once a week; for other skin conditions, can be done once every 10 days.
Purchase a package of 6 Chemical Peels and receive a complimentary SPF Daily Moisturizer (valued at $35) when you attend your first appointment.
- Package needs to be purchased before June 20, 2018 but all appointments do not need to be booked by the said date.